You can help homeless youth by organizing a fundraising event at your own office or with a community group or even a group of friends. This is also an opportunity to raise awareness about youth homelessness. You can feel good knowing that you are doing something to give these vulnerable youth a chance to rebuild their lives and integrate back into our community.The amount you raise doesn’t need to be huge. Every donation we receive matters because when we put them all together, we are able to change lives.We are fortunate to receive proceeds from all kinds of community fundraisers, such as concerts, casual days, golf tournaments, walk-a-thons, tea parties and bake sales.You can plan an event of any size, on whatever scale you feel comfortable managing—the options are endless! Please contact Joan Schatz
if you are interested.
How we can help
We can help you make your event a success. We can offer you:
- Details about the programs and youth we serve at Home Horizon
- Event planning advice
- Use of our logo on our promotional materials (pending approval of event)
- Digital copies of promotional materials (to be printed by event organizer)
- Offer thanks on our social media platforms (when possible and appropriate)
Issuing Tax Receipts
We often get inquiries about issuing tax receipts for the supporters of your event. Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulates tax receipting procedures.Here’s what you need to know:
- Donors can receive a tax receipt for gifts of $15 or more
- In order to issue a tax receipt we require first and last name of the donor and full mailing address
- Tax receipts can be issued only to individuals and organizations that make a donation without receiving something in return. Tax receipts cannot be issued for the purchase of raffle tickets, lottery tickets, event admission, auction purchases, sponsorship or if guests at your event are provided with a meal or some form of entertainment, etc.